Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fun with technology and kludgery








Well, here I am, fully embracing the 21st century (finally). I got myself a TweetDeck account set up, and the iPhone application to boot. I am even using my Twitter (@thisoldpmq) as well. Wonders never cease.
And heck, I may even use it for good instead of evil...barring any kind of strange house-fails that I might have to use strong or vulgar language to describe.

So, in the meantime, how about some actual house type photos?

I suppose I owe everyone an explanation: what I did was remove the outrage that was happening as the 'non backsplash', and used a tip from another blog (Update: I told you I'd find it! It's from this blog...http://southernhospitalityblog.com/beadboard-wallpaper-project/) to use simulated wainscotting wallpaper to create a backsplash. Quite successful, I thought. Apparently, Himself complained that the ONLY place the adhesive cured completely when he needed to remove it to do an actual tile backsplash was the part that wasn't covered by the new tile. Ha! That'll show him to procrastinate when I ask for something!

I realized that I also didn't take a good picture of my lovely finished product before it was demolished forever, so instead I'll show you the lovely tile. As usual, in this house, nothing ever goes completely right. So instead of subway tile, it's 4x4 tile, but hey. As we say here "Better than before", which may be the house motto.

1 comments:

MilWifGarMom said...

Are the walls plaster or drywall? It looks like plaster but it may be the mastic from the tile work.